KPMG’s Insight into Mobile Payments Market
Mobile Payments Outlook, 2011
Please join KPMG and special guests for a discussion on the Canadian mobile payments landscape. Findings from a newly-released Mobile Payments study conducted by KPMG International reveals that executives believe the use of a mobile device to make payments or conduct banking transactions will be mainstream within four years, disrupting the traditional payment infrastructure, intensifying competition for banks, and opening up opportunities for collaboration and integration.
As technology companies leverage mobile devices, near field communications and online capabilities to produce m-wallet and other payment options for a multitude of transactions, banks around the world are rapidly reevaluating and evolving their business models. For retailers, this presents new and untapped opportunities as “point of sale” is free of geography but also instantaneous as cheques, cash, and even credit cards are rendered obselete. Who will be the winners? What will help them succeed? This session will open with an overview of the global and Canadian landscape, followed by a distinguished panel of guest speakers that will discuss:
- The mobile payments system, companies involved and technologies available
- Business impact of mobile payment adoption
- Opportunities and barriers to adoption of mobile payment strategies, including a discussion around the findings of the Mobile Payments Task Force
- Security and privacy issues.
Who Should Attend:
- CEO, CFOs, COOs, CIOs, heads of sales, chief privacy officers, and business leaders driving mobile strategy for their organization.
Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2011
3:30 pm – Registration
4:00 pm – Overview of mobile payments landscape and findings from KPMG International’s Mobile Payments study, presented by Yvon Audette and Ian Shelley
4:30 – 6:00 pm – Panel Discussion
6:00 – 7:00 pm – Reception
444 Yonge Street, 7th Floor
RSVP: Click here to register. Space is limited
Head of Mobile,
Social and Digital strategy,
Chair of Mobile Payments Task Force
CEO of Impact Mobile
VP Emerging Business, Rogers Communications Inc.
Yvon Audette, Partner,
If you have any questions, please contact Donna Trifunovic at
(416) 228-7142 or email@example.com.